Who are we?
The Canadian Hungarian Artists Collective (CHAC), founded in 2002, is a federally chartered non profit organization. With its head office in Montreal, its current Canada-wide membership includes over 90 professional Hungarian descent artists and supporters of the arts.
CHAC‘s goals are to:
• create educational, collaborative and career-enhancing opportunities between artists in different regions of Canada
• provide a showcase for Canadian artists of Hungarian descent by organizing curated group exhibitions across Canada and internationally
• organize projects which invite community participation and advance the cultural awareness and enrichment of the community as a whole, creating dialogue on the benefits of multiculturalism
• assist the career development of emerging and immigrant artists
• offer members a socially supportive milieu and regular reunions which favor the cultivation of ideas and the continuing appraisal of skills and concepts
• maintain a web site and data bank for the organization and its members
• regularly disseminate professional information via bulletins and news letters
• organize fund-raising opportunities to accomplish the above goals